Margarita Mary Recipe Made with Demitri's
Margarita Mary: Recipe made with Demitri's Bloody Mary Seasoning
One of my favorite things about living in southern California has been enjoying the Mexican influence in the drinks and cuisine. So, when I was out shopping and saw these awesome margarita glasses and knew I had some Demitri's Bloody Mary Seasoning at home. In that moment, an idea was born; The Bloody Margarita!
Demitri’s Bloody Mary Seasoning already has an important Mexican flavor; chili pepper puree, so I knew I just needed to add a few other key spices and some hot sauce! The fire roasted tomatoes that Demitri’s use in their seasoning blends perfectly with this recipe for a delicious and smoky flavor. It's made from ingredients I usually have at home, so the recipe was quick and easy!
For this recipe, you can use either vodka or tequila (recomend mezcal). For me, I use vodka because it takes only, “one tequila, floor” instead of four!
2 Splashes of Demitri's Classic
8oz of Tomato Juice
2oz of Vodka or Tequila (mezcal if you want an extra smoky taste)
2 Splashes of Cholula Hot Sauce
1 tsp of Cumin
1 tsp of Paprika
1 tsp of Garlic Powder
2 Lime Wedges
1 Lemon Wedge
2 Sprigs Cilantro
2 Shrimp Cocktail - Marinated in Demitri’s Chipotle Habanero Seasoning
1 tsp of Kosher Salt
- Use one lemon wedge to wet the rim of the margarita glass. Then take the glass and dip it into a container of the kosher salt to create an evenly seasoned rim. Add ice to glass.
- Pour Demitri’s Bloody Mary Seasoning, tomato juice, alcohol, hot sauce, and seasonings into a pitcher or cocktail shaker.
- Squeeze lime wedges into the mixture
- Shake or stir and then pour into the margarita glass
- Garnish with marinated shrimp and a lime wheel
*Sip and enjoy, and please drink responsibly. The recipe will yield 1-2 cocktails, double ingredients for every 2 servings