It's Time for a Fiesta: 2 Cinco de Mayo Recipes For Your Festivities
Two weeks ago, I polled my audience on Instagram and asked, “for Cinco de Mayo would you rather see a michelada recipe or a bloody Maria recipe?” While michelada edged past bloody Maria, I couldn’t make up my mind! Then I thought, “why do I have to choose, I’ll do both!” Tequila and beer are staples at any Cinco de Mayo celebration so either one of these recipes will definitely be a hit! Did someone say, Cinco de Drinko?
To make the recipes easy to accomplish both at your Cinco de Mayo festivities, I needed a mix that was versatile and not thick and full of fillers and processed ingredients. I picked up a few more bottles of San Diego’s newest artisan Bloody Mary mix, Farv’s! Farv’s is all-natural with minimal ingredients so the possibilities are endless with this mix!
Because of the consistency and smooth flavor of Farv’s just a few dabbles of hot sauce and fresh squeezed lime is all you need for the perfect michelada on Cinco de Mayo, or any day for that matter! The mix, along with the light Mexican beer made the most beautiful bright orange/red color that your guests will notice!
I have had really great bloody Maria’s and some really bad ones. The trick to a great bloody maria, IMO is to use either mezcal or quality silver tequila. I created a smoky and spicy little number for this recipe that’ll have you and your guests salsa dancing in your kitchen on Cinco de Mayo! Farv’s isn’t spicy so you have a great base to add as much or little spice as you want! I added some more heat on the garnish to kick it up a notch!
1 Mexican Light Beer
2 Lime Wedges
1.5 oz Silver Tequila or Mezcal
1 Tsp Paprika
1 TBSP Celery Salt
2 Lime Wedges
Jalapeno 1/4 in” sliced
2 Jumbo Shrimp
1. Using lime wedge wet rim of glass and then coat the rim with kosher salt
2. Squeeze lime wedge juice into the glass
3. Add a few splashes of hot sauce (more or less for desired spice level)
4. Pour the Farv’s Artisan Bloody Mary Mix into the glass
5. Fill the glass to the rim with the light Mexican beer of your choice and garnish with a lime wedge
1. Using lime wedge wet rim of glass and then coat the rim with celery salt
2. Add a few splashes of hot sauce (more or less for desired spice level) and the paprika
3. Add the tequila or mezcal to the glass, stir
4. Fill the glass with ice
5. Pour the Farv’s Artisan Bloody Mary Mix into the glass (leave some room at the top so the garnish doesn’t overflow the cocktail), stir
6. Garnish with the remaining ingredients (celery, shrimp, bacon, chili pepper, jalapeño, lime wedge)
*Sip & enjoy and please drink responsibly