Tropical Mary Recipe Made with Devil Daves
Tropical Bloody Mary: Made with Devil Daves Bloody Mary Sticks and Skyy Pineapple Vodka
Have you ever planned on having cocktails for the holidays and forgot the most important ingredient? The vodka! Yep, well that's what I did this past Christmas. I had planned on making a bloody mary with my newest arrival; Devil Daves Bloody Mary Sticks! Devil Daves is a single serving bloody mary mix that just requires tomato juice, ice, and vodka and like magic you have a cocktail. Well here lies the problem: I had no vodka! So, I opened my roommate's fridge and behold they had some in the freezer! Phewf! There was just one slight problem. The vodka was pineapple flavor. Frantic, I decided to improvise and got the idea for the Tropical Bloody Mary!
Also in my roommate's fridge was fresh cut pineapple from their recent trip to Hawaii. Sticking with the tropical theme, I also remembered I had bought this new mango habanero seasoning, paprika, and had some fresh lemon and limes! So, I gathered all the ingredients and began to make my tropical concoction.
10oz Sprouts Organic Tomato Juice, for a 12oz Mason Jar
One single serving, Devil Daves Bloody Mary Mix
2Tbs of Mango Habanero Seasoning
1tsp of Paprika
2 Lime Wedges
3 Lemon Wedges
3 Cubes of Fresh Cut Pineapple
- Use one lemon wedge to wet the rim of the desired glass. Then take the glass and dip it into a container of the mango habanero seasoning to create an evenly seasoned rim.
- Add ice and the tomato juice to the glass with about 3 inches of room to spare for the vodka and garnishes (don’t want the garnishes to overflow the juice)
- Pour the vodka into the glass
- Empty a single serving of Devil Daves Bloody Mary Sticks into the glass
- Squeeze one lemon and lime wedge into the glass and sprinkle half of the paprika into the glass as well
- Pour into a tumbler and mix, not shake, the ingredients, then pour back into the glass (I didn't have one so from my experience I highly recommend it if you have a tumbler)
- Garnish with lemon and lime wedges and the fresh cut pineapple. Sprinkle the rest of the paprika on the garnish for a grilled pineapple flavor
*Sip and enjoy, and please drink responsibly